It’s Important to Understand Your Health Insurance
You don’t want to wait until you have a medical emergency to find out your insurance doesn’t cover everything. Let us help you understand your policy and the trade-offs between a lower monthly premium and a higher deductible.
You should understand the following components of insurance:
- PPO and HMO networks – smaller networks can generally save you money…but you must stay in network.
- Out-of-pocket maximum (OOP) – this is the most you will be responsible to pay out of pocket in a calendar year.
- Co-pays vs. coinsurance. Co-pays a fixed dollar amount and coinsurance is a percentage of the total bill.
- Generic vs. brand prescriptions and if there is a deductible specific to your prescriptions
- What preventive care services are covered at no cost
If you understand how your insurance works, you’ll be better prepared to keep your costs as low as possible. Health Insurance is a very personal decision and what works for one individual may not work for you. We can make everything easier to understand.
Sansevieri Insurance can help you through the process, serving Laguna Beach and all of California. Call us today at (949) 722-6078.